Wyyerd Fiber (“Wyyerd”) is seeking a Director, Finance who will be a key member of the leadership team in Wyyerd’s southern California market and will be responsible for market-level financial functions in partnership with the local leadership and the central Finance team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and interest in the business, acting as a thought partner for the President/GM of AZ and the full AZ leadership team.
Wyyerd is a fiber-to-the-premise internet and related services provider headquartered in Boulder, CO and offering services in central Arizona and southern California. Put simply, Wyyerd offers faster, more reliable and higher value internet with symmetrical speeds, no data caps, no contracts and no invoice surprises, and Wyyerd backs it up with superior, local customer service. Wyyerd offers a full suite of services for residences, businesses, enterprises, carriers and non-profit partners including government and education entities.
Wyyerd acquired Zona Communications in 2019, an ISP that has served the West Valley of Arizona since 1995. From its inception through to today, the company has consistently maintained its reputation as one of the best internet providers in Arizona. Wyyerd has continued to expand its operations in Central Arizona, and recently launched operations in southern California, where we are eager to bring our fiber network to residents, businesses, nonprofits and government agencies alike.
If you are interested in a fast-growing company with a collaborative team culture and a strong belief in treating customers like the friends and neighbors that they are, Wyyerd may be just the right place for you.
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) – compilation and analysis of results as well as recommendations for projections and assumptions across all areas of the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement for collaboration and review by the GM and local leadership
- Financial and operational reporting/tracking of KPIs across functional areas including sales, marketing, service delivery, customer care, operations and network support
- Management and tracking of bonus and commission programs aligned to financial and operational targets
- Business case development and financial analysis for expansion and other investment projects, and comparisons across potential projects, to enable management to prioritize among projects
- Capital tracking, including unit costs, aggregate costs, PO tracking
- Creation of one-off financial models and reports in support of business needs
- Recommendations for improvements to drive efficiencies and benefits via process, tools or other innovations
- Effective communication and collaboration with groups and individuals across the company, including local, central and other markets outside of Arizona
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, engineering, physics, economics, mathematics, etc. and/or equivalent minimum 5 years experience in similar field
- 3+ years of professional experience in quantitative analysis or an advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., investment banking, private equity, FP&A, business operations)
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.), and Powerpoint experience (graphs, diagrams, etc.)
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information and presenting concise analyses
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency and relentless follow-through
- Positive attitude, willingness and eagerness to learn new things, team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Financial, managerial and/or tax accounting understanding preferred
- Requires sitting, hearing and talking, occasional standing and walking, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, walking on uneven surfaces, squeezing and crouching
- Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 1-40 pounds
- Close detail work requiring visual acuity
- Must be able to perform sedentary work
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary