The Material Management Specialist is a vital part of the Zona Wyyerd team. Zona Wyyerd has near-term plans to dramatically accelerate expansion of our fiber network and, in doing so, construction of new fiber plant will be accelerated. This individual is responsible for working with the materials logistics coordinator in and outside plant contractors to enable the rapid deployment of telecom equipment/materials to enable this expansion.
The Material Management Specialist position, which will be located at the Wyyerd Chula Vista, CA. facility, is responsible for helping with all the material management activities taking place in and out of the facility and interacting with in-house project managers and outsourced construction contractors.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
● Manage multiple material vendors
● Ensure all materials are accurately accounted for delivery and when deployed to the field
● Collaborate with the lead materials logistics coordinator, the full logistics team, and various in-house and contracted installation teams.
● Maintain shipping procedures and efficiencies, inventory maintenance and accuracy, receiving and order shipments
● Work to develop and maintain a safe working environment
SKILLS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
● A minimum of 2 years of experience in materials management in a high-volume warehouse facility
● Telecom Logistics and material management experience highly desired
● Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all levels of Zona Wyyerd personnel
● Competencies include excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills
● Forklift & heavy equipment experience preferred
● Must have the ability to safely work in an outside environment throughout the year
● Must be able to safely lift a minimum of 50lbs