Wyyerd Fiber is seeking an Operations Technician II who will be responsible for configuring, installing and repairing FTTH GPON and equipment to meet quality standards and deliver an exceptional customer experience. Plant maintenance construction work is also part of the responsibilities of this position, as well as fiber splicing.
The Operations Technician II is a vital part of the Wyyerd Fiber team. This position takes on the face of Wyyerd Fiber as the technician and the person in front of the customer. The technician will be efficient with their time at a customer's home taking the time to perform quality work, educating the customer on the product and services provided, all while being conscious of the time it takes to do so.
- Ability to understand a fiber network
- Working computer knowledge of a Mac device
- Understanding of basic electricity
- Understanding and interpreting plant maps
- Telecommunications wiring color-code competency
- Program and troubleshoot wireless and networking equipment for each customer
- Lift 50 lbs and have the ability to handle a tall extension ladder.
- Other duties as required
- Must have clean driving record
- Ability to pass drug test
- Understanding of ISP services
- Ability to work with others on all responsibilities
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.