Wyyerd Fiber is seeking a Sales Engineer to be part of a team of high-energy, customer-oriented peers who handle technical sales support for enterprise and SMB customers. This is a critical role as Wyyerd seeks to dramatically expand its service area and grow its customer base in the coming months and years.
Wyyerd is a fiber-to-the-premise internet and related services provider headquartered in Boulder, CO and offering services in central Arizona and southern California. Put simply, Wyyerd offers faster, more reliable and higher value internet with symmetrical speeds, no data caps, no contracts and no invoice surprises, and Wyyerd backs it up with superior, local customer service. Wyyerd offers a full suite of services for residences, businesses, enterprises, carriers and non-profit partners including government and education entities.
Wyyerd acquired Zona Communications in 2019, an ISP that has served the West Valley of metro Phoenix, Arizona since 1995. From its inception through to today, the company has consistently maintained its reputation as one of the best internet providers in Arizona. Wyyerd has expanded its operations significantly in the West Valley and is continuing to expand across other areas of Central Arizona as well.
Wyyerd also recently launched operations in southern California, where we are eager to bring our fiber network to residents, businesses, nonprofits and government agencies alike. Our southern California office is located in National City, with operations currently covering National City and Chula Vista and a robust expansion plan underway to serve nearby areas in southern California.
If you are interested in a fast-growing company with a collaborative team culture and a strong belief in treating customers like the friends and neighbors that they are, Wyyerd may be just the right place for you.
The Sales Engineer is quota-bearing position and is the technical leader supporting Wyyerd’s enterprise, Gov/Ed, and SMB sales teams in the end-to-end sales process. The Sales Engineer will own the design and costing of all customer solutions, working with internal teams as well outside third parties to assimilate costs and evaluate deals. This is a customer-facing position where the individual is expected to attend meetings and engage with clients along with the sales representative and serve as an effective “translator” of highly technical information into simple and digestible terms.
- Engage with customers proactively, understand and recognize customer needs and propose solutions that effectively leverage Wyyerd’s products to address customer needs
- Partner with sales representatives and leaders to build funnel activity and actively advance deals through the funnel, to closure
- Meet/exceed sales quota in partnership with sales representatives and leaders
- Collaborate with local and central Wyyerd team members to improve processes and tools in support of enterprise, Gov/Ed and SMB sales efforts and customer needs
- Own the design of fiber routes and work with internal teams and third parties as needed to assimilate all costs and technical information
- Assist sales representatives and leaders in developing business cases and presenting deals internally for approval
- Suggest improvements and provide technical recommendations to product teams
- Educate customers on fiber, internet, Managed WiFi, VoIP and other products
- Engage customers via phone calls, emails and face-to-face as appropriate; respond to customer inquiries via phone and email
- Assist in technical hands-on deployment and field work where needed to support deal evaluation and other
- Other duties as required
- Familiar with sales processes and practices in general
- Strong technical acumen across telecommunications products and solutions
- 5+ years sales engineering experience in Fiber/Cable/Telecommunications industry preferred
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- Highly organized and communicative with colleagues and leaders
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Must enjoy working with the public, both on the telephone and in person
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify customers’ needs
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Preference given to individuals living in close proximity to our office or service areas
- Requires sitting, hearing and talking, occasional standing and walking, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, walking on uneven surfaces, squeezing and crouching.
- Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 1-40 pounds.
- Close detail work requiring visual acuity.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work.